viernes, 18 de enero de 2013

How to Care For Your Pet / Cómo cuidar a tu mascota


By Matt

I’m going to give you a few tips for caring for your pet. It makes no difference if it’s a dog, a bird, a cat, a hamster, a fish, or a rabbit because they all need more or less the same things with a few small differences. On the other hand, a fish isn’t going to bring you a ball and a rabbit won’t give you its paw. Hmmm, come to think about it, don’t pay too much attention to what I said before and we’ll talk just about dogs, because I love them and, if you have a different pet, then ask your veterinarian.

I’m going to tell you how I take care of my dog.

  • I feed him kibble two times a day and enough so that he doesn’t gain too much weight or is too skinny.
  • I don’t punish him by hitting him. Instead, I train him with treats so that he learns things.
  • I don’t leave him locked up or tied up. He’s part of my family.
  • He always has plenty of fresh water in his bowl.
  • I brush him at least once a day because he sheds a lot and then we find hair in the soup, in the coffee, in the hot chocolate, in the cereal, on the rug, on the furniture, and in aaaall our food.
  • I walk him at least three times a day so he does exercise and I always take a plastic bag with me to pick up his poop. I don’t like to do this but have to. Besides, this way I help to keep our air clean.
  • I play with him all the time. What he likes the most is to wrestle and he loves to fetch his ball.
  • I take him to the veterinarian for his shots and to cure him if he’s sick.
  • I let him lick my face even though he leaves me covered in slobber.
  • And I love him very, very, very much.

Now, if you have a snake, please tell me why. I saw one once in a pet store and loved it but, when I asked what it ate and was told that little mice, I got goose bumps. Can you feed it insects? I’m real good at catching grasshoppers, spiders, ants, snails, and other insects and, in that case, maybe I’d like to have one…


Versión en español
Por Matías

Te voy a dar unos tips de cómo cuidar a tu mascota. No importa si es un perro, un pájaro, un gato, un hámster, un pez o un conejo pues todos necesitan casi de las mismas cosas con algunas pequeñas diferencias. Bueno, un pez no te va a traer una pelota y un conejo no te va a dar la patita. Mmmm, pensándolo bien, no hagan caso de lo que dije y vamos a hablar exclusivamente de perros, porque me súper encantan, y si tienes una mascota diferente consulta a tu veterinario.

Te voy a contar cómo cuido a mi perro.

  • Le doy de comer croquetas dos veces al día y lo suficiente para que no suba de peso o que esté demasiado flaco.
  • No lo castigo pegándole sino entrenándolo con premios para que entienda las cosas.
  • No lo dejo encerrado o amarrado. Es parte de mi familia.
  • Siempre tiene agua fresca en su plato.
  • Lo cepillo una vez al día porque suelta montonales de pelo y luego encontramos pelos en la sopa, en el café, en el chocolate caliente, en el cereal, en la alfombra, en la ropa, en los muebles y en toooooda la comida.
  • Lo saco a caminar por lo menos tres veces al día para que haga ejercicio y siempre llevo una bolsa de plástico para recoger su caca. No me gusta recogerla pero ni modo. Además, así ayudo a mantener limpio el aire que respiramos.
  • Juego con él todo el tiempo. Lo que más le gusta es jugar a las luchitas y le encanta que le aviente la pelota.
  • Lo llevo al veterinario para que lo vacune y lo cure cuando está enfermo.
  • Dejo que me lama la cara aunque me llena de babas.
  • Y lo quiero mucho, mucho, mucho.

Ahora, si tú tienes una víbora, por favor cuéntame por qué. Una vez vi una en una tienda de mascotas y me encantó pero cuando pregunté qué comía y me dijeron que ratoncitos, me dio un escalofrío. ¿Las puedes alimentar con insectos? Yo soy muy bueno atrapando grillos, arañas, hormigas, caracoles, escarabajos y otros insectos y, en ese caso, capaz que me gustaría tener una...


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario